Existing Major Industrial Plants
- 1 Natural Gas Liquids Processing Facility
- 1 Crude Oil Refinery (160,000 BOPD)
- 4 Liquefied Natural Gas Plant (18.6 MTPA)
- 11 Ammonia Plants (5,670,000 MTPA). This includes the AUM- Ammonia Plant.
- 1 Urea Plant (710,000 MTPA)
- 7 Methanol Plants (6,570,000 MTPA)
- 4 Iron and Steel Mills (4,200,000 MTPA)
- 5 Power Generation Plants – 3 operated by Powergen & 1 operated by Trinity Power in Trinidad; 1 operated in the Cove Estate in Tobago
- Cement Manufacture
- Light Industrial/Commercial Consumers – in excess of 100
- Gas Fired Air Conditioning Projects (where practical)
- 4000 CNG powered vehicles
Methanol Holdings Trinidad Limited Ammonia Urea Melamine 2 (MHTL AUM 2) has recently been approved for construction. This project entails the construction of world scale facilities with 9 discrete plants with a projected investment of US$1.9 billion.
The new AUM II Complex will produce 1,850 tpd ammonia which will be used to produce:
- 3,000 tpd urea
- 90 tpd melamine
- 750 tpd ammonium sulphate (used for fertilizers and insecticides)
- 30 tpd melamine urea formaldehyde resin (MUF)
MUF resins have low formaldehyde emissions and are expected to gradually replace the older Urea Formaldehyde resins in the production of glues, particle board, veneers and other building materials. This presents numerous opportunities for downstream diversification.